Taj Pharma is the largest generic pharmaceutical company in India. We hold top positions in different established markets worldwide generics markets..
Povidone-iodine, also known as PVPI, is a water-soluble complex of iodine, having polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP), ranging from 9.0% to 12.0% available iodine, calculated on a dry basis. Povidine-iodine can also be formulated as topical antiseptic products, formed with a solution (with surfactants and/or alcohol), aerosol or ointment at concentrations from 7.5% to 10%. These products are sold over-the-counter and used in hospitals widely. The main purpose for using these is for cleansing and disinfecting the skin, preparing the skin before operation and treating infections susceptible to iodine.
* Treating minor wounds and infections.
* An antiseptic combination used for killing bacteria.
How to apply :
* Clean the affected area before applying. The area may be left uncovered. If you want,
you can cover it with a sterile bandage.
* Apply as per doses recommended by your doctor
Safety tips :
* If are allergic a medicine that contains iodine, contact your doctor immediately.
Allergic symptoms include a severe rash, difficulty in breathing, hives, or dizziness.
* The cream is for external use only. Do not apply in your eyes.
* Do not use cream over large areas of the body or for more than 1 week.
* Contact your doctor before using the Cream on deep wounds, serious burns, or
* Do not use the cream during PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING. Discuss with
your doctor the benefits and risks of using Povidone/Iodine Cream during pregnancy.
* Do not use 2 doses of the cream at once